Criminal Record Check

ճrequires that students registered ina post-secondary program, where they may be working with children and/or vulnerable adults, must have a Criminal Record Check (CRC) conducted by the British ColumbiaMinistry of Public Safety & Solicitor General (MPSSG), Criminal Records Review Program (CRRP).

91AV only accepts Criminal Record Checks from the BC Ministry of Public Safety & Solicitor General, Criminal Records Review Program.

How to get a Criminal Record Check

  1. After accepting a seatina program which requires a CRC, check your email for the 91AV access code that you’ll need for the online application. Access code emails are sent on Friday afternoons.
  2. Navigate to the.
  3. Enter the access code provided to youby email. If you do not have the access code,please emailcrimrecchk@camosun.caand include your full name, student ID number, program name and phone number.
  4. Select Login with a BC Services Cardand Get set up or Continue with: BC Services Card app, if you already have the app. For more information on the BC Services Card please visit thewebpage. Contact if you experience technical difficulties.
  5. Camosun will email you once your clearance letter has been received.

Frequently Asked Questions

Why do I need a Criminal Record Check?

In BC, if you work or volunteer with, or have the potential for unsupervised access to children and/or vulnerable adults, you are required to complete a CRC.

Can I submit a clearance completed by local police or RCMP?

No. For the purposes of your 91AV program, your CRC must be completed by .

How much does it cost?

There is a $28 fee, payable to the CRRP. Applicants will be prompted to pay the fee by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or AMEX).

When should this be completed?

Students must have clearance prior to the start date of any practicum or work term.

How long does it take?

91AV is not responsible for processing CRC applications or application turnaround times. CRC processing time by the CRRP varies.

  • Online application:approximately 5 to10 business days.
  • Manual application:approximately 4 to 6weeks.

How is my identity verified?

The CRRPverifies an applicant’s identity usingthe BC Services Card as(EIV).

Can I use a previously cleared criminal record check completed through the CRRP?

Yes. Camosun College will accept a clearance letter previously completed through the CRRP, provided your clearance letter meets the following criteria:

  • The CRCmust have been completed within the last five years.
  • The previous check must have been completed with the same “works with” type, as required by Camosun (Schedule B - works with children and/or vulnerable adults).

If you have a CRCclearance that is valid with 91AV, you will have the option to select “Share Previous CRC” when you apply online for your criminal record check. You will not be required to pay the $28 fee again.

Note:We advise that if your previously completed clearance will expire before the end of your program at Camosun, it will be in your best interest to apply for a new CRC.

Can I share 91AV’s criminal record check clearance results with another organization?

Yes, provided the organization receiving the results is registered with the CRRP and is willing to accept your previous results.

Please refer to the CRRP webpage.

How will I know that I have clearance?

Once your clearance letter is received by Camosun, you will be notified by email.

What if I have a criminal record?

Any student whois deemed by the MPSSG to pose a risk to children and/or vulnerable adults will not be allowed to participate in any work-integrated learning experiences, including, but not limited to clinical placement, practicum, co-op or internship, work experience, job shadowing, observational activities, some in-class practice exercises, and may therefore be unable to complete their program.

After clearance is received, students must report any newor convictions to the college immediately. Anew criminal record check must be completed with theCriminal Records Review Program (CRRP). Applicantscannot work or volunteer with vulnerable people until the new consent form is submitted to the CRRP.

Who should I contact if I can't find the answer to my question(s)?

For assistance with your BC Services Card, please see the:page.

For assistance with the organization ID, or the manual application process, please contact us atcrimrecchk@camosun.ca. Be sure to include your full name, student ID number, program name and a phone number at which you can be reached.

Contact information

Criminal Record Check