Accepted Students - International

Welcome to 91AV! We're excited to welcome you to Victoria. Here are some important things to know before you begin your studies in Canada.

Study permit

as soon as you receive your official Letter of Acceptance. Most international students need a valid post-secondary study permit to study at Camosun. It can take a few months to get your permit so don't delay.


Want to live on your own? There are lots of options available. Learn about renting in Victoria.

Note: 91AV does not have student dormitories.

Camosun’s Homestay program is suspended until further notice due to COVID-19. Please check back regularly for updates.

International tuition and fees

Tuition fees vary by course and program. Learn about International tuition fees, estimated living expenses per month, payment information, and the ڳܲԻDZ.

Registering for classes (first semester)

For your first semester, Camosun International registers you for your courses. Your class timetable is based on course availability and what prerequisites you have as evaluated by the International Admissions department. A prerequisite is the requirement you must meet before you can start a course.

Medical insurance and healthcare

You are required to have medical insurance for the entire duration of your studies in Canada.

Healthcare costs in Canada can be high and it is crucial you are covered under a comprehensive insurance plan during your time here.

Find out what kind of health insurance you need during your studies at Camosun.

New Student Orientation

You are expected to attend the on-campus New Student Orientation the week before your first semester starts.

Please bring your study permit, passport and a copy of your medical insurance (if available).

Register for New Student Orientation

Travelling to Canada

Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, there are travel restrictions that limit travel to Canada. All travellers to Canada must self-isolate for 14 days upon arrival. International students arriving in Canada must have a quarantine plan.

91AV strongly recommends that all international students planning to travel to Canada take time to clearly understand the Government of Canada and BC Government laws and regulations before making travel plans. Please note that the Government of Canada and BC Government restrictions and regulations are subject to change.

Consult government websites for the most up-to-date information.

Lansdowne  Campus

CI Handbook

Your guide to services and supports on campus and helpful information about living in Canada.